Little Artists

A lot of crafting goes on around the holidays...the girls have been bringing home little pieces of art from school and daycare for a few weeks. Here is a little display of their craftiness:
Mimi made this at home actually...I cut out felt for them and let them go to town with squeeze paint, sequins and stickers. It may look haphazard but she was very precise in where she put those sequins!
Here's Ellie's tree...it turned out very nice!
Mimi made this one at daycare...I think it's a gingerbread man. It actually scares me a little.
The Kindergarten teachers at Ellie's school offered a holiday workshop last week in the evening. They set up stations in their classrooms and at each station was a little craft. Ellie made this Rudolph. The head is a tracing of her foot and the antlers are tracings of her hands. Very cute!
This is her Santa paper bag puppet. There was an example at each station showing the kids and parents how to put the craft together. I pointed out to Ellie that Santa was wearing a red hat and had a white beard..her response to me was: That's boring, I'm going to do it my way. A little girl sitting next to her told her Santa didn't have a yellow mouth but she said I can color it anyway I want. OK then. Ellie made this paper chain to count down the days until Christmas.
Mimi's little hand prints form a wreath. Very sweet!
Another wreath by Mimi...this time it was made with puzzle pieces and green paint. The girls do a lot of other coloring and creating at home. They have a little desk in the office so they can color and cut to their hearts content. Here Ellie got really creative and raided the bathroom and taped Q Tips and a cotton ball to her page. Mimi makes all of her people like this. They have a circle body, stick arms and legs, dot eyes and nose and a bow on their head. This person is the same except she's sad...maybe it's because she only has half of a bow. This gals got attitude...you can almost see the smirk. Here's a whole family...I think she may have meant for this to be our family. She's the little one floating up at the top, Andrew is the big one and Ellie and I are on top of Andrew. We're missing hair bows though, that's a little disappointing. I wonder what it signifies with Mimi on top of this little family pyramid...a little full of herself isn't she!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

boy jody that brings back memorys of when you were little thats how you made your people ha ha like mother like daughter