Christmas is quickly approaching and the girls ask me every day if it's Christmas Eve (well Ellie does, Mimi seems to think everyday is Christmas because the tree is up and she gets a little miffed when there's no presents under the tree or we try to tell her differently). Ellie had her class party on Friday and I went to help and be with her. Afterwards I stayed for lunch and sat with Ellie and a few of her friends. As they were eating I noticed Ellie had not opened her chocolate milk so I asked her to do so and drink some before lunch ended. As she went to take a drink her little friend sitting across from her yelled, "Stop!! Don't!! Eliana's allergic to milk!!!" I burst out into laughter because she's NOT allergic and told her so. Ellie then said, "Yeah I am Mom. When I drink WHITE milk I do this: (insert gagging noise here) and I can only drink chocolate milk!!! Whatever Boo..you're crazy!!!

The girls have a little pink Christmas tree complete with ballet slippers in their room. It's serving as their night light right now!

We received a box of presents from Grandma Margo and Grandpa Terry. Mimi very sweetly put her present under the tree when I told them they had to wait until Christmas. Ellie turned around and started heading for her bedroom so I asked her what she was doing...she said she was putting her present on her bed. I said nice try!! But it was Mimi that unwrapped hers...fortunately she couldn't get the tape off so now a brown box is sitting under the tree for her. She then decided to take revenge and play in the box and packing peanuts after she was told not to. It looks like she had fun though!!

Mimi got a haircut today. While I was making lunch she asked me a question and I realized her bangs were in her eyes so I casually said, "Looks like you need a haircut." Well, Mimi's a gal of action and so she went into the office and cut her bangs...again. I know you are wondering why the scissors were accessible but I was wrapping presents last night and they were left out. Her hair really didn't look too bad but after we finished swimming (we went swimming at a hotel today to take a break from the frigid temps) we went to the mall to get ice cream and to get a haircut for Mimi. The gal cut it a little too short though...I asked for a chin length bob and it ended up about and inch or more too short but it will grow out some. She may have been distracted because Mimi was falling asleep while she was cutting her hair. Her little eyes kept shutting and she even nodded off toward the end!! Note: she's frowning at a bad guy in a cartoon she was watching in the first picture!!!
2 comments:
tell meme that grandma said it very cute
Looks like all the tape was a good idea after all! Love the art work. Looks likes some keepers there.
Grandma Margo
Post a Comment