Just a couple of days late but it's taken us this long to recover from getting up at 3:00 AM to open presents on Christmas!! Ellie was so excited about Santa visiting and eating her cookies and drinking her milk that she burst into our bedroom with the empty milk glass at 3:00 in the morning! We made her lay down with us for awhile but she asked to go back to her bed at 3:30 and so we let her go with the strict instruction to not wake up her sister. Well she went to her room, flipped on the light and began telling Mimi about the presents. Andrew and I dragged ourselves out of bed and we started opening presents at 3:40 in the morning!!
Here's the tree all ready for the girls!! Since I am on call this week I had been wrapping presents all week just in case I got a call. I actually did on Christmas Eve right after we got back from the candlelight service at church but ended not having to go in.
Santa ate all of Ellie's cookies and left her a thank you note!
Stockings first! 
Opening presents!
This is a digital arts and crafts studio that Ellie got. She loves it and it will save us money on paper and markers in the long run!
Another favorite of Ellie's... a butterfly play tent!
Mimi's kitchen...she really loved it..I think she was just tired when I took this picture...that happens when you get up at 3:30 in the morning.
The cat's found empty boxes...weirdos.
We had steak, shrimp and baked potatoes for supper. Mimi was still recovering...even after a having a nap! Everyone crashed in bed around 9:00 AM and slept for a couple of hours. Looks like it wasn't enough for Mimi!
Then we made birthday cake for Jesus for desert....
Complete with candles and singing!
Merry Christmas Everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment