I scream You scream.....

We had a beautiful day here....quite warm even and so this morning while we were grocery shopping we bought the first ice cream and ice cream cones of the season. At home after lunch we indulged. Mimi needs to take ice cream cone eating lessons though because she dropped two of them in her attempt to eat them before I gave her an ice cream sandwich and called it good. We also began our home search today as well. Now that Ellie will be starting school and our daycare costs won't be as much and we are starting down the road of home ownership. We looked at a property today west of Bemidji. A 35 year old home on 42 acres. The acreage was wonderful and already set up for horses but the house left us cold. Not horrible but not great, just a house, nothing to write home about (or write on your blog about for that matter). So while Andrew was having visions of a 20 acre garden and livestock I think our search will continue. We may be looking at another on one Monday, a 5 year old modern construction home (slightly unfinished) on 8 acres overlooking a lake (and including access to). We are in no rush but we want to get the show on the road and take advantage of the low interest rates and the buyers market.





(an ice cream causality)


Andrew's garden is doing great!!! Lot's of little plants poking their heads up!!
(corn)
(potatoes)
Lastly, I got some bad news in the mail today. I applied to graduate school at UND and found out today that they will not accept my undergrad degree from Oak Hills. It was more than frustrating to hear that and to be perfectly honest i am not sure what I am going to do next. It's hard to regret getting that degree because if I had left like I was planning I would not have met Andrew but it certainly puts me back at square one....or even a few steps back from square one. Andrew says that maybe it's God's will and that he has something even better planned...only time will tell. In the mean time I will be looking for other options.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I want some ice cream too! Bad news about UND. Keep looking, you will find something.
Momma Wilkinson