Meirah's eye saga continues, much to the detriment of our checkbook. She sees her eye doctor every 2-3 months and at her last check up he decided to change her prescription again. This is the third time in 1 1/2 years it's been changed (between him and the specialist in the cities). We don't have eye glass coverage and so it gets a little spendy but it has to be done. This time I decided to get new frames as well. I was going to try to make her old pair last for another year but when we got to the clinic and she tried on a few new pair I realized she really had outgrown (or soon would) her current frames. She tried on several different pair (well actually I think it was around 12 pair she tried!) and this is the pair she picked. I let her pick them because I thought that might encourage her to wear them more. She does pretty well in that department actually but there are times she gives us a little trouble.
I was a little surprised that she picked these actually, there was a cute little pink pair (that was less expensive too) that I liked but she was all over the blue/red combo with the funky shape and so here they are:
I worked in the garage all weekend and all this week so far to get ready for a garage sale this weekend. I really want to purge all of the stuff that had sat in our shed, buried and forgotten. There was a lot of stuff I had kept in preparation for a house but it took us so darn long to buy one that now I either don't need it or it just isn't my style anymore. That and I still have baby items and A LOT of little girls clothes to get rid off. I guess you are wondering what that has to do with the strange ensemble Mimi is wearing in the above photo...well I will tell you. I bought two shadow boxes several years a go and in them I put a newborn diaper, a little pacifier, a picture of each girl and the outfit they wore home from the hospital. I took them out of the garage this weekend because I now have all of the wall space my little decorating heart desires and wanted to find a place to hang them. Well Mimi happened to open her shadowbox and then proceeded to put on the outfit she wore home from the hospital. Really the only thing that doesn't fit is the top. On a side note: I always thought that hat was really big, it turns out it's really for a three year old.
Meirah then had fun making several new outfits with some of the stuff I unpacked this weekend. This is my very favorite, I think it's the red tights that really makes the outfits, or it could be the backwards winter hat too. It's a toss up.
It's been difficult to keep them out of the stuff that I have been trying to get ready for our sale...it's all a treasure to them. They just can't fathom why we would be getting rid of our baby bath or our baby clothes, who cares that there is no baby in the house to use them.

I did relent and let Mimi pick out a pair of baby shoes for Bear Bear to wear.

Eliana desperately wanted to keep these white sheer curtains. Her first thought was that she wanted to use them as curtains for "shows" and I was OK with that. Maybe she could pretend she was on stage or we could make a puppet show ect. THEN she wanted to make them into a dress for me to wear to work...a white sheer dress. I doubt that would go over well at the office. On another side note: this girl is always wanting me to sew something!!! She wants to make dresses and outfits for her dolls and sometimes for her self. I really need to learn to read patterns so I can at least make a couple of things with her. When I get the office put back together I will pull out my sewing machine and make a pillow for her room..maybe that will satisfy her for awhile.
Andrew worked on Mimi's bed this weekend. This is the old iron bed that had been in my brother's attic but was now rusty and peeling. He spent 4 hours on Saturday and at least that many on Sunday grinding away three layers of paint and rust so I could then turn around repaint it. But now it's a crisp white, or well it will be when I finish it this weekend, after our garage sale that is!

The best part of the new glasses is the "suitcase" that came with them.
No comments:
Post a Comment