Here is a shot of the freshly mowed back yard. Since it takes Andrew 4 hours to mow it all with the push mower, it may be a while in between mowing sessions so I thought I would snap a picture while it looks so nice and neat and well..mowed. That's the fire pit in the back corner.
Here's shot from the front yard looking down at the fire pit...and Ellie's bike seat if you were wondering what that pink thing was floating in the corner.
The landscaping around the birches near the road in the front of the house.
The big oak tree in the front yard.
Ah, the garden. Andrew did decide to put in a garden and has done a great job creating it out of a shrubby side of our property. He just finished the gate tonight and is pretty much ready for planting, of which I am a little glad. Maybe I can corral him in the house for a little while now and have him help me with a few projects!!

Tee pee trellis' for the beans and peas....quite possibly for the cucumbers too.
View of the garden from the deck.
Pretty little purple flowers that live in our yard. (I think I channeled Bob Ross just then...)
Our bedroom is mostly finished. There are a couple of things I want to do but they will have to wait. Here is the bed up against a deep, dusky purple wall. The other walls are a very, very light silvery purple. Tippy wanted you to see how nice she looks in our room too.
Kind of a picture hog isn't she..anyway eventually I would like Andrew to build book shelves for this wall so we will have a place to store all of my scrapbook magazines and his ever growing collection of gardening and self sufficiency books.
The window in our room. The attached bath still needs to be painted but that can wait.
I am all most done painting the monster kitchen/living room/dining room combo. I did a little accessorizing on top on the desk area in the kitchen and the big beautiful spider plant is from my coworkers. I still have a little more painting to do in here and then I still need to do the way up high painting. Needed to wait until I wasn't the only one home to climb that high up on the ladder just in case. Safety first you know.
Yes, this is a huge decorative fork hanging on my wall and I love it. I just wish I had found the spoon too!! If anyone visits a Pier 1 and sees the spoon grab it and I will reimburse you!
This wall will have shelves and pictures and the antique cameras I picked up while in Duluth...I want it to be a gallery wall of sorts. I picked up a couple of frames all ready as my coworkers gave me a gift card to Target as a congrats on the new house gift!
The bay window on the other side of the room.
The love seat and rattan ottomans. I purchased a few things (aside from the necessities) and they were mainly for this room.
I ordered these chairs from Target and I think I am in love...no I mean it...I love these chairs. They are surprisingly comfortable too (Andrew's stipulation) and so when they came and I saw how cute they were I was crossing my fingers that they would be comfy and hence, take up residence in my living room. They passed the test and I love how they look in this room.

This is the kitchen all nice and clean of clutter. I really took these pictures for myself as a reminder of what it can look like and thought I would share them with you. Anyway, more to come...Ellie's room is on the verge of being complete and we set up Aunt Nat's daybed in her room tonight and she was in heaven. I gave her the option of watching a movie but she turned it down to clean her room and play on her new bed!
2 comments:
Wow. Lots to catch up on. I was watching the video of the end of Kindergarten and I heard the teacher say "if you want you can take your kids" right at the end. Gosh was she giving you the option of leaving them with her for the summer? Now THAT is dedication to the profession! :)
Looks like you have really, really been busy. Andrew my garden is starting to produce. About every other day I can get a meal of greens for salad or stir fry out of it. Pretty cool to finally be growing stuff. I just needed more sun and a larger area.
Keep up the good work.
Love Mom Wilkinson
Your yard is Heaven. Lots of work but looks beautiful.
Mom Wilkinson
Post a Comment