How old are you?

Eliana asked me for a cell phone as we were coming home today. I of course told her no, that is after I asked her why she thought she needed a phone. She explained to me that there may be times that she would want to call me when she did not want to ask Linda (daycare provider) for the phone (???). She countered my "No" with a "How about when I'm seven?". She got another "no" and appeared to leave it at that. She later tried a less direct route and told me this after bath time: "When I am a Mom someday I am going to give my kids everything they want." To which I told her it wasn't good for people to have everything they want. She was quiet for a minute and then she said: "Well, then I will just give my kids a phone." Oh really ???

No comments: