First and Last

It's hard to believe that a whole school year has gone by and Kindergarten is done. It's a little sad that another milestone has been reached and that there really is no stopping this whole growing up thing. Eliana and her class have been busy these past two weeks fitting in some fun activities. They had a field trip to the Bemidji State Park which Andrew helped chaperon. He came home convinced that she is a mutant and has the power of the teleportation because she would be in place in one instant and in the next she was half way across the park! There was also a school wide ice cream social last week that both Andrew and I attended. Unfortunately my batteries died so I got just one picture (and it's not a very good one). Now that school is done we are making an effort to let Eliana keep in touch with her new friends. Today she spent some time with her best friend Greta as Greta's mom picked her up and they all went to the mall...I think that must have been Greta's idea because Eliana hates shopping, but she was happy to be with her friend. She was so excited to spend time with her friend today she woke up at 5:00 in the morning to get dressed, brush her hair and teeth and then came and told us all about it, around 5:21. Needless to say we are all a little tired today! Greta's parent's just broke it to Greta that she would not be going to school with Eliana next year...that's how close they have become.
First Day of Kindergarten Last Day of Kindergarten
Eliana's wonderful teacher, Mrs. Olson. There was face painting at Kids and Co after school that day. I finished Eliana's bedroom yesterday. I painted a white stripe between the two purple colors (I was originally going to have Andrew put up a chair rail but this was less expensive) and we brought in the daybed, hung her canopy and put on some new bedding. Looks very cute and guessing from the shrieks that Eliana let out, I think she likes it. Just chilling in her new digs!!

Still need to bring in the rest of her books and hang a bulletin board ( I promised her a place to hang her little odds and ends) and maybe put a few more things on the wall but it's mostly done. Andrew started on Meirah's bed today and it may be a few more days before it's done. He's sanding off several coats of paint off the metal head and foot board and then I will still need to paint it. I took a break from painting today to get ready for our garage sale. I came in after awhile because I was cold...because it's only 50 degrees out!!! Crazy MN weather...furnace on in June...anyway, more soon!

No comments: