Snow continues to make it's presence known up north here way too early. Actually today is the first nice day we have had all of October so far (as the next blog post will attest) since temps have been 20-30 degrees cooler than normal.


Meirah's preschool still went on their scheduled field trip to the pumpkin patch. It was 32 degrees and snowing but all of the little kids did a great job!! They went on a hay ride, played on the playground, walked in the corn maze and had a cold lunch. I was not as prepared and wore some not very warm shoes and forgot my hat but I survived....I'm a local and cold temps don't scare me :)
Barrel train rides!
Mimi made a friend.

Poor Andrew had to quickly harvest his garden last week since temps were going to be in the 20's...too far below freezing. Notice I took these pictures from the warmth of my kitchen through the window!!! Hey, I offered to help!
One of the many baskets full of potatoes that Andrew brought up to the house. We have many many pounds of potatoes; red, gold and even purple!
Lots of carrots too....
and even a few pie pumpkins made it through the cold wet summer.
Andrew cooked it up, whipped up a crust and we had....
simply the best pumpkin pie I have ever eaten (I am not just biased either!). It was delicious, definitely a difference from the canned variety. So this season he has made homemade jam, spaghetti sauce, salsa, froze strawberries and carrots and made really yummy pumpkin pie....might just keep him around for a while longer!
No comments:
Post a Comment