Fall is officially here but before the cooler temperatures take residence for the next six months we got a few projects done around the house. I painted the front door and the attached garage door that is visible from the driveway. I choose a deep plum color called Black Cherry and love how it turned out. I also visited the farmers market for some pumpkins to adorn our front step. As you can tell the deck is on the top of the priority list for next spring since we didn't get to it this summer. It will be a big and somewhat expensive project that we just didn't want to take on quite yet.

We also spent half a day cleaning up the garages to get them ready for winter. We had not done anything with them since we moved in and there were pile of boxes and piles of things that needed a home. Now both vehicles fit nicely in the attached garage and detached garage looks much better ( I forgot to snap an after picture, you will just have to take my word on it).


Another sure sign that Fall is here is the annual choosing of Halloween costumes. Eliana knew right away what she wanted to be and after some looking in the stores she picked out one at Target.Com and we ordered it. She will be a bright and beautiful mermaid this year. Somewhat of a departure from the direction she went in last year, as she was Princess Lea. I don't know, maybe Mermaids can be tough.....
(on a side note, one day Eliana is going to look back and ask me why she is making a weird face in 74.93% of the pictures I have of her and I will tell her, "I have no idea")


We also spent half a day cleaning up the garages to get them ready for winter. We had not done anything with them since we moved in and there were pile of boxes and piles of things that needed a home. Now both vehicles fit nicely in the attached garage and detached garage looks much better ( I forgot to snap an after picture, you will just have to take my word on it).


Another sure sign that Fall is here is the annual choosing of Halloween costumes. Eliana knew right away what she wanted to be and after some looking in the stores she picked out one at Target.Com and we ordered it. She will be a bright and beautiful mermaid this year. Somewhat of a departure from the direction she went in last year, as she was Princess Lea. I don't know, maybe Mermaids can be tough.....
(on a side note, one day Eliana is going to look back and ask me why she is making a weird face in 74.93% of the pictures I have of her and I will tell her, "I have no idea")
Mimi on the other hand had a little trouble deciding this year. We went to Target and browsed through the costumes and she was not at all impressed.
Me: "Mimi, do you want to be a doctor? Look at this, you get a stethoscope?"
Mimi:"No".
Me: "Mimi, do you want to be a Cowgirl? Look it comes with a pretty pink hat and we can get cowgirl boots?"
Mimi: "No".
Me: "Mimi, do you want to be Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz? Look at these pretty red shoes!"
Mimi: "No".
Me: "Well, you were already a fairy once but here is another pretty fairy costume with blue wings?"
Mimi: "No".
Me: (sigh) "Mimi, how about a bumblebee? (No) Ok, how about a kity cat with a ears and a tail? (No) All right then how about a snow princess? (No) A hotdog? (No) Ok, on the boys costumes....."
She proceeded to tell me no another 10 times as we looked at the boy costumes but by that time I was willing to let her be Darth Vadar or the Burger King King if she so wished but she told me "No" many more times. We wandered over to the toy department where I showed her a couple more Disney Princess costumes but it was not until I pulled down a cheerleader costume that I got her attention. I finally got a "Yes" but to perfectly honest I think the reason she said yes was because I pointed out to her that the costume matched her new shoes and that she could get the matching Pom Poms because I really don't think she knows what a cheerleader is :) !!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment