Unbelievable

Ellie saw my sewing stuff out this morning ( I was working on Christmas presents for the girls last night) and wanted to "make crafts Mama". She LOVES anything artsy whether it's scrap booking, painting, sewing, or coloring. We dug around in my stuff and came up with plastic cross stitch stuff which we then cut out in the shape of a heart and I gave her embroidery floss and a tapestry needle and she sewed the edges. She was very proud of her work....and she was also not done with my sewing stuff. She dug around some more and picked out some fabric which I made into a crafting apron with a pocket (which IS crooked but I was wasn't going for perfection, just fun!).
Note the scissors...they will make another appearance later in this blog entry....
This is what I was working on. I am going to make little felt desserts for the girls and then buy them a Tea Set ( I think from Etsy). This is a sugar cookie, complete with chocolate frosting and little bead sprinkles. Cute, huh???
It was a gorgeous day and the girls played outside in the leaf piles Andrew made. I don't know what the temp was but it didn't feel like November 2 nd! We will take it as long as we can get it! Hmmm....what could this be....oh wait....it's HAIR!!! Mimi's hair to be exact. The little stinker decided she didn't want hair in her face anymore (what is it with these girls and hating clippies and ponies!!! So drastic with all of the hair cutting!) and cut her hair. She sat right next to Andrew on the couch and cut her hair. Luckily we did not need to make a visit to the hair stylist because miraculously she cut them quite nicely. All I needed to do was even them out and cut a little in the side. Needless to say I didn't tell her that....I didn't say, "Wow, good job with the self haircut Mimi." No, she got in trouble hence the tears below.
She did end up cuddling with Papa and Junie B later though and recovered from her scolding.
The girl kept me on my toes today. I still have to clean up the lotion she smeared into her carpet in their bedroom and had to pick up candy wrappers because she somehow kept locating her candy bucket from Friday. It's like she has candy sonar!! She sweet all right :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice sewing job Ellie.
Grandma Wilkinson