Summer Bounty

Summer was here for a week and today it feels like fall. Last weekend and all last week we were in the 80's and boy was that hot!!! It was uncomfortable during the day but thank goodness for our air conditioners in the bedrooms..at least we got some sleep. When we finally went to bed that is! Andrew and I have been staying up way too late watching the Olympics but it's just too fun! Andrew's garden is overflowing with goodies! Corn on the cob, cucumbers, tomatoes, green beans, potatoes, beets, carrots, rutabagas, lettuce and peas! Not to mention the jam he made from the berries we picked...it's been wonderful. Last weekend Andrew and the girls went for a 4-wheeler ride and found some wild raspberries and they were yummy too. Today we discovered we have 5 pumpkins that are good size and if they turn orange we will have them for Halloween. Yes, that's what Ellie wears 4-wheeling!!! Andrew was working on the 4-wheeler and the girls thought their Jeep needed some work too. This was the hot weekend hence the lack of clothing. Anything over 80 is just too hot for us northerners!
Summer spoils!!!

Yesterday the girls and I went to the Library for the first time (for them that is, I have been to the Library before!) and they had a good time picking out some books to bring home. We then went to the local chocolate store and picked out some homemade treats to bring home and to also stop off at BSU to share with Papa. Ellie picked out some fudge, I got chocolate covered potato chips , Papa got a huge peanut butter cup and Meirah got Jellybeans. Today we hung out in the house, doing some cleaning and little cooking. We made homemade doughnuts and dipped some of them in chocolate and some in sugar! Yum!

Monday we will head to the Cities for Meirah's eye doctor visit, Thursday is Kindergarten orientation and next Tuesday Ellie starts school.

Oh and I canceled my interview with the County. Working with Adults was just not something I am interested in right now. We have a lot planned at my current job and after meeting with the program supervisor of the Counseling Psych. program at BSU, staying where I am probably makes sense. I guess we will see!!

No comments: