The last one

The last weekend of the summer and the last weekend before Ellie starts school. We went to a birthday party for a friend's little girl at the new city park near BSU. The park is very nice and the kids had fun playing on the new equipment and climbing on the rock wall like rock. I unfortunately do not have any pictures because I was not feeling well and spaced out bringing my camera. I have been sick for a week actually, which is unusual for me but I think I am on the tail end of it. Today we just tried to stay cool as the temps climbed for one last hurrah. We swam in the pool, stayed in the shade and ate both meals outside. It was breezy so it made the day bearable and also made for a good laundry day! All of the bedding was washed and hung on the line to dry. Tomorrow we have another birthday party...a tea party in fact. T he girls are excited to dress up and go to their friend Lily's house for the party! Then on Tuesday the big day will be here. We have been talking with Ellie about the most important rules of school: Listen to your teacher and stay in the classroom!! Ellie is an adventurous soul and I can easily see her deciding she wanted to explore the rest of the school and off she would go! All we can say is: Good Luck Mrs. Olson!!! Actually I think Ellie will do well after she adjusts.

Thursday we went to Kindergarten orientation. There we meet Ellie's teacher, saw her classroom and learned about the general procedures. Ellie was very excited and Andrew and I made sure to introduce ourselves to the teacher....Come mid October, once the kids have adjusted there will be volunteer opportunities for parents to come in help out and both of us let her know we will be available. The kids did a little project after listening to a story about the first day of Kindergarten. Ellie learned where her locker was and we left her back pack and school suppplies and then spent some time exporing her new classroom. Mimi was soaking up the last warm day today by pretending she was a butterfly fairy and flying around the yard!!!

Have a nice Labor day everyone and soak up the last rays of summer!!!

No comments: