Halloween Preview

Friday night The Bemidji Parks and Rec sponsored a "Boo Bash" for kids at the new City Park. Since Andrew was in Duluth I decided this would be a fun thing for the girls and I to do plus we got to see the new park. The city of Bemidji has been renovating all of the city parks these past several years and it has been so nice to have a  place to bring the girls in the summer to play. Now with this park we will able to go and play in the winter!!! This park will have an outdoor ice rink and a warming house, in addition to the skateboard park and softball diamonds. 

 Mimi picked out a "Southern Bell" costume this year. She has no idea what a southern bell is...she just knows she thought the dress was pretty and the hat cool. I attempted ringlets in her hair but I stink when it comes to using a curling iron.
 Eliana is a "Rock Star" this year. She loved the sparkles and the purple hair spray.
 Here Eliana is trying to make her sister sing while I took a picture...I told her to take it out of her face.
 Here she is pouting (see above).


Of course I walked out without my camera and had to use my cell phone. At the Boo Bash they got to eat pizza and have pumpkin punch, paint a pumpkin, color a trick or treat bag, play games and listen to a story teller. The story teller was a young man who did a great job telling the story of the headless horseman...I was a little worried that it would be too scary but they did OK.


Afterwards we played on the new playground equipment until it got a little too cold. The biggest highlight was watching the kids skateboard there..now Eliana wants a skateboard for Christmas!!

No comments: