December is here, along with the Christmas season and we have been busy getting ready. I have officially diagnosed the weather as having Bi Polar disorder because the highs and lows the past seven months have been nuts!!! After the mild temps of November, December decided we had had enough nice weather for the year and started us off with below zero temps. We have never been as thankful for our attached garage than this past week!! Even though we are not heating it, it is still 30-40 degrees warmer and that can make or break your morning! Not much snow as of yet, we missed the the blizzard that hit southern MN.
The shopping is almost done, I didn't have much time this year to make any gifts given the extra time I had to dedicate to transitioning to anew job and all. We are headed to Duluth tomorrow to go see the Bentelyville Tour of Lights. We were going to do the Polar Express scenic train ride but the tickets were a little pricey, maybe next year. Andrew and the girls made spritz cookies last weekend and I think we will make a few more treats next weekend too.
This year we wanted to have the girls exchange gifts with each other to help them understand the joy of giving. They were very excited to go shopping with me separately and then come home and wrap their gifts to put under the tree. We are also going to pick out a couple of gifts to donate to local gift drive for underprivileged children.

The front yard with a sprinkling of snow.
Andrew bought me a fresh wreath for our new house this year.
Little trees to the left of the front door.
Ellie's purple tree.
Mimi's pink tree.

The ever expanding Christmas Village. I added two new houses this year and let the girls set them up for me. Granted I had to go back and make a *few* changes (like removing the choir from the barn) but they had fun helping me with this task.

The village lit up.
The down stairs family room decorated in silver and black. These bulbs are leftover from my wreath project and sit on the table in a big bowl.
The downstairs fresh tree.
With the lights off.
The fireplace.
The upstairs tree is our first artificial tree. At first first I was going to get a white tree but then I saw this one and loved it. It looks very pretty with the brown and gold decorations on it.
Lit at night.
Butterfly ornament.
This was a gift from Grandma Margo and it is a favorite of the girls. When the candles are lit, the heat from the candles makes it spin around and the little bells twinkle.

The down stairs family room decorated in silver and black. These bulbs are leftover from my wreath project and sit on the table in a big bowl.
The downstairs fresh tree.
With the lights off.
The fireplace.
The upstairs tree is our first artificial tree. At first first I was going to get a white tree but then I saw this one and loved it. It looks very pretty with the brown and gold decorations on it.
Lit at night.
Butterfly ornament.
This was a gift from Grandma Margo and it is a favorite of the girls. When the candles are lit, the heat from the candles makes it spin around and the little bells twinkle.

A few more upstairs decorations.
No comments:
Post a Comment