Changes

November was a busy month full of changes. The girls both decided that they wanted to go back to gymnastics (well Meirah wanted to do both Dance and Gymnastics but the cost for both was too much). Eliana loves the constant action of gymnastics and does really well. Meirah got bumped up a class this year and is feeling a little over her head right now. We decided to do the late class and come home for supper first and so there are only three other girls in Meirah's class and four in Eliana's. Ellie is soaking in the extra attention and it helps with her short attention span. The girls in Mimi's class are older than she is and she is loving most of it except the high bars. The other girls have more experience with them and Mimi is feeling a little left out. We are reminding her that she's going to the classes so she can practice and get better but she is SUCH a perfectionist that she doesn't like not being as good as her classmates. We are noticing this more and more in her and it's a little concerning.
Mimi and her Nemesis!!
On the bars. Practicing her tuck jumps!
Ellie on the balance beam.
I started my new job on Thursday. I took three weeks to make sure all of my clients were transitioned over to their new case manger and to also tidy up all of my files ect. It was hard at times telling some of my families that I was leaving. Some of these families I have been working with for years and I have a lot of time and energy invested in them. Some of families cried and I came close at times. I will miss my coworkers as they are some of the most hardworking and caring individuals I have met. They dedicate their lives to making the lives of others better.
The new job will be slow starting as we are starting from scratch but next weeks agenda includes is fast paced: getting my picture taken for the newspaper, a Thrive Initiative Luncheon (where I will have to meet all of the members since they have sponsored the start up grant for this project), a BASC board meeting (BASC is my new employer) where I will have to meet the board and a staffing with Dr. Read Sulick (the psychiatrist from the Cities) and Dr. Parkin (the local pediatrician who deals primarily with children with emotional/behavioral issues). WHEWWW!! I think I might need to go shopping for some new clothes!!
The weather has been so unpredictable and changing that I can't keep up. We had 80 degrees in September, snow in October ( I had to rush out and get coats, hats ect) the 2nd warmest November in MN history and now finally average December temps in December (for now anyway). We don't know if we are coming or going. However we are prepping for Christmas and will be decorating our tress this weekend so we will share those pictures soon! Andrew has now begun training for the annual Granmdma's Marathon in Duluth. He plans to run next summer and is studying up on the best way to train and giving the treadmill a workout!
Here are some pictures of the girls enjoying the unusual November weather! Anatomy of a Cart Wheel!!

No comments: