


Snow in April...and not just a little dusting..over two feet in some places!!! Crazy! We had another storm on Thursday night and even though we did not get as much snow during that storm (only eight inches) schools were canceled again on Friday and the roads were a mess and even BSU (where Andrew works) was delayed because of all of the snow clean up. The only plus side was that it was good snow man making snow and we took advantage of it and spent some time outside playing.
There are some signs of Spring remaining...as I walking into work on Friday I heard a bunch of birds singing wildly and it was so wonderful it gave me hope that warmer weather will be here soon...but then I thought maybe they were just angry..angry that they flew all this way only to discover that it was still WINTER here. Sorry little birds. A vicious trick wasn't it???? !!! We did have 45 degree weather today and the forecast is calling for 60 degrees by Tuesday so this snow doesn't stand a chance. I may yet get to wear my new sandals. Andrew, who is so agriculturally minded now, was happy for the extra "moisture" (I called it a lot of things but moisture wasn't one of them). He has started his garden inside by planting the seeds of some plants that need that extra time. We purchased partially grown plants last year and it really isn't that cost effective so this year he is starting from scratch. We did have to purchase this nifty little indoor greenhouse but it is coming in handy as it is on wheels and so he can move it around to catch the most sun and give the little plant a great head start!
Meirah went to her first social function today!! She was invited to a birthday party for a little girl who goes to her daycare. They had a blast at McDonald's playing games, eating cake and singing Happy Birthday. Birthday parties have apparently become some sort of social token of power. Mimi has even caught on and today every time she was mad at her sister she would say "You're not coming to my birthday party!!". She may have even told Andrew that once. Sigh. They learn he ways of the world too quickly. Andrew gets a little worked up about it but I remind him that we can use it as a teaching moment...to let them know what it is WE believe in and stand for and what are value system is. (here's a few pictures of the little stinker at the party).

Last but not least I interviewed for a new job as a child protection worker for Beltrami County. I think I was a good candidate but I was honest with them about how soon I could start...meaning more like 4-6 weeks in stead of 2. I have a lot of responsibility in my current position and because my supervisor is new I am still basically running the program (I technically can't because I am not a licensed mental health professional). My job as a team leader is to over see the day to day operation of our team of 8 people who provide mental health services to children with serious emotional disturbances. I just didn't feel right abandoning them right now while all of this transition was taking place. The only reason I interviewed at the county was because the pay was 12-17 thousand more a year than I make right now....but money isn't everything right??? (that's what I have been trying to tell myself after realizing I was probably passed by as their decision was made last Friday). Oh well, I would have had to work 5 days a week instead of 4 and I wouldn't have my own office (which is really pretty by the way and I will try to take some pictures so I can post them). I am supposed to be starting Graduate School in January anyway (if I get accepted) so it's probably better.
We have a busy next several weeks as Ellie's school open house is Thursday, a trip to Duluth this weekend, Mimi's eye doctor appointment on Monday, Ellie's birthday on May 1st (and a party to plan and yes her sister can come), Joe's wedding in May (an another trip to Duluth) and our 9th wedding anniversary in May as well!! Lot's of good things to look forward to ( I have been practing my positive thinking :) )







1 comment:
You could be in Colorado where we also had snow last night and this morning and it is all but melted tonight!
It is supposed to be 78 this weekend. Wow! I get to clean out the garage.
Plants look good Andrew.
Jody thanks for the cool pictures (pun intended)
Happy Birthday Andrew.
Love, Momma Wilkinson
Post a Comment