A new space.....again



I have a problem....I have a need to repaint the rooms in our house on a regular basis. Andrew claims we have actually lost square footage due to the many coats of paint and I am afraid he may be right. The current count for coats of paint is as follows: the living room has been 4 different colors, the kitchen 3, the girl's bedroom 3, our bedroom 3, the laundry room 3, the bathroom 2 (well, technically 3....just two different shades of purple) and now the office is on color number4. The previous color was beige with sage green with red accents and it just wasn't doing it for me anymore. But turquoise blue and orange were!!! Andrew even agreed that the room was getting worn out and the carpet was now 5 years old. We managed to pull out the old carpet, put in the new, paint the walls and the counter and put it all back together in about 3 days. Not too bad. I guess all of the practice has paid off!! We share this small space together and I have to be very creative about how to store all of my scrap booking stuff. I purchased the rail system from IKEA and instead of kitchen cutlery and spices I store my scrap booking supplies in it. Works great!!! I never was much of a cook anyway...wouldn't have gotten much use in my kitchen.

I have to stop and give Andrew some really big kudos...that 24 inch wide screen monitor was my birthday present. I have been mildly complaining for a while now that my monitor was too small and I hated looking down and I also hated stacking books underneath etc. So he surprised me with it and then mounted my old one on the wall so he could use the dual monitor function with his computer (hey, wait a minute...maybe that's what he had in mind all along!!!) .
Ellie was still under the weather today, poor girl. She woke up this morning and complained of her cheek hurting. When I asked her to show me where she pointed to her nose underneath her eye....sinus infection. Beause my day was filled with meetings Andrew brought her to the doctor and got a prescription for an anitbiotic and got her started on it right away before dropping her off at daycare. She had a slight earache this afternoon but our daycare provider gave her some tylenol and had her lay on the heating pad. That made her feel so special she claimed her leg was hurting tonight and that she neede the heating pad again. Ellie loves going to the doctor and makes friends with the nurses whenever she has to go to the clinic. She actually told me the other day that she wants to be a doctor when she grows up and I wouldn't be surprised if she did!!

No comments: