Our church had family VBS this week, Sunday-Thursday from 5-8 pm. The theme this year was Camp Covenant and all of the sessions had a camping theme and the evening ended with a campfire and songs. The girls had a blast and we had a good time too. The night started with supper and then moved on to a discovery session. During one discovery session a local professional nature photographer showed us photos of wildlife he taken and the story behind the photos. On another night we had a gal from the science center bring in a red tailed hawk and a great horned owl and talked to us about the major characteristics of each bird. On another we talked about first aid with the parish nurse and then later that evening we made first aid kits. There were fun craft sessions, a gym session and of course a Bible and truth session. We focused on Peter and Jesus this week and the girls got memory verses and a life truth to tuck into a pouch that hung around their necks next to their hearts.
On our way into church....I had to take a picture of the cute Converse tennie's that Mimi was wearing (they were supposed to be for school!!).
Eating supper!

Andrew and Mimi making cross necklaces out of twigs and yarn.
Listening to the presentation about the wild birds.
Great horned owl.
Showing off her cross necklace!
Listening to a Bible story.
Listening to the presentation about the wild birds.
Great horned owl.
Showing off her cross necklace!
Listening to a Bible story.
One of the highlights of the VBS week was learning to shoot a bow and arrow. One of the church members was a professional archer and so he gave the kids (and adults) the opportunity to shoot a bow. He also presented to us during a discovery session about how he became so focused on the worldly prize (winning archery tournaments and the money that came with those prizes) that he lost sight of the heavenly prize.

Both girls loved shooting the bows and even Andrew and I got in on the action. The archery club is just down the road from our house...maybe we will have to join this winter??!!
I didn't get any pictures of the campfires...mainly because we didn't go everynight. It got to be late most nights and I really like my daycare provider so I didn't want to send two crabby little girls to her all week long!

Both girls loved shooting the bows and even Andrew and I got in on the action. The archery club is just down the road from our house...maybe we will have to join this winter??!!
I didn't get any pictures of the campfires...mainly because we didn't go everynight. It got to be late most nights and I really like my daycare provider so I didn't want to send two crabby little girls to her all week long!
No comments:
Post a Comment