Memorial Day Weekend

We took a mini vacation to Duluth over Memorial Day weekend and it was nice to get away. I was a little torn because I would have had four days to work on the house but I really enjoyed it. Besides, this was our only chance to celebrate our anniversary. Monday we were able to go to an adult movie and we took Saturday to our selves, went to the book store, went shopping, browsed the antique shops and went on a carriage ride in Canal park just like we did on our honeymoon. Sunday we were able to see Greg/Nat/Joe/Di's new house and stop by Lake Superior to play on the rocks and walk in the ice cold water. Monday we took the girls to the Zoo as we headed out of Duluth to come home. All in all a very relaxing weekend. I have been making up for lost time this weekend though and will have some new pictures of the house to post soon.

Bear Bear came with us to the Zoo and visited the real bears, thanks to Mimi.

Ellie and I at the Zoo.

Andrew tried to scare Mimi but she's tough....way tough and took the big bear in stride.

Snow Leopard watching us, watch him.

Minutes after this picture was taken, Ellie did a nose dive off of this big frog and alarmed some people walking by because it was so dramatic. I, on the other hand, had a hard time not laughing because I saw it all go down from behind and man it was funny!

In Canal Park we visited our favorite antique shop and I picked up a couple of old cameras, an old type writer and eyed a big beautiful Red Wing MN 6 gallon crock but decided we had done enough damage for the day (it was a little too spendy). We rode in the carriage, enjoyed the beautiful weather and ate deep fried pickles from Crabby Bill's.

Greg/Nat/Joe/Di's "Lake House". Lots of work to be done but a beautiful location near Lake Superior.

The Scenic Rail Road runs right above their house and so the kids had to go check it out.

COLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here Ellie and Andrew were watching someone fish. We visited Grandma Jean on Friday and after a boat ride on the Lake, Ellie has had fishing on the brain. She really wants to go fishing. Andrew promised when we come back for the 4th of July she could go back on the boat at Grandma's and go fishing.

No comments: