Bathroom Redo

We took the opportunity of the time at home and a Home Depot coupon to redo our bathroom. It was in rough shape and it would have been harder to sell it when the time comes (and it will come...I just need to keep telling myself that) and we really did not want to live in the yuckiness anymore.Here it is in all of it's yucky and messy glory. Notice the large yucky vanity and the clutter that seemed to appear out of nowhere.
Also notice the hole in the wall...that was courtesy of Andrew. He said it was an accident...I don't believe him. :) Also notice the yucky mold...that's what happens when two little girls take baths together and pretend they are mermaids swimming away from the bad sea witch. Too much splashing!!!
Andrew took out the built in vanity and pulled up the old flooring. He also took out the moldy wainscoting.
Off came the moulding strips (Andrew hates those..too reminiscent of a trailer.)
New wainscoting, new flooring, new paint, new storage, new vanity and new decor and several days later and we have:
No more yuckiness! I painted the walls a deep chocolate brown (Andrew almost fainted while at Home Depot when I showed him the paint color but I told him he had to trust the paint master) and painted the wainscoting ultra pure white, along with a nice white shower curtain.
The vanity is smaller but that was the whole point. Now clutter from all over the house won't collect there and the cultured marble top is nice to clean. (We are technically not finished as we need to trim the door out and then finish that side with the wainscoting). The smaller size makes our smaller than a closet bathroom feel a little bigger.
Vinyl wall decor from Etsy.
Over the toilet storage. I still need to put back everything and I am confident it will all fit.
All in all it was a pretty easy project ( for me that is..I just painted and shopped!) and when we sell it (hopefully this year) buyers won't run away, yucked out by the bathroom. The only downside was that the girls are not too thrilled with the new bath time rules: only one at a time and NO splashing!!! Baths at grandmas will just be more fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice job jody it looks verry nice tell anwdrew he did a great job and yes the girls can come to grandmas and splash ha ha

Anonymous said...

Looks great, guys. Can't wait to use the tub and I PROMISE not to splash!
Momma Wilkinson