Holy Crazy Busy Batman and Meirah sleeps in tubs

WOW!!! I don't think I have gone this long
 before updating the blog before but there are two reasons for that:
1. It's usually pretty boring around here this time of year. No holidays or interesting events happening. No nice weather to celebrate either. We are mostly inside most of the time being annoyed with being inside.
2. My new job is kicking my but. I am not kidding. The first week I started I came home and fell asleep at 9:00 because my brain was just so tired from trying to soak in all of the information. Plus I have not worked full time since before Ellie was born so we had a lot of adjusting to do. On top of that Andrew was down for the count for almost two weeks because of his surgery..and well let's just say January was pretty much a miserable month. BUT spring is on it's way (and I type that even though I realize we are to get 2-4 inches of snow tonight but oh well) and we've figured out how to survive and get everything done with me working full time. Well, almost everything....the house has not been as clean lately as it could be. Just don't tell Mom.

My job is going well. It can be summed up as just plain HARD. I am constantly doing something: making phone calls to therapists and probation officers, arranging supervised visits for the children on my caseload and their parents, writing court reports, going to court, going to visit out of town parents and kids, talking with tribal workers and....doing UA's. That's urine analysis tests. Yuck. Many parents we work with have drug and alcohol problems so we often ask the court to order UA's and sometimes, if nursing services are not available to do them, we do. But it's all in the name of keeping kids safe so we do it. By the way, Eliana is quite glad I took this job. I had very mixed feelings because while I knew this job paid more and was more secure, I was really enjoying my other job...like A LOT. So I asked Ellie this: Should I work at the clinic helping kids or should I work in child protection. Well, she thought about it for awhile and said, " Mama, you need to protect the kids." and so I am.


I thought I would highlight Meirah on this post since she has been cracking me up lately. The other day we were on our way to a friend's house where they were going to stay for the day and play with the little girls that live there. Both Ellie and Meirah had brought along some toys and so I reminded them that they would need to share those toys with their friends. Ellie promptly said, "Yes Mama." while Meirah was quiet for a short while before muttering, " I should have left them at home." I used that opportunity to talk with her about how sharing is part of being a good friend etc. but I am not so sure she was convinced.

She also tried to get her sister in trouble the other day in a very creative way. She was playing with a toy in our bedroom on our bed. She then left that toy to go into another room. Since she had apparently abandoned the toy Ellie picked it up and started playing with it...that is until Meirah came into the room and threw a fit. I reminded her that she had finished playing with it and left it there. Well her response to that was, "Well...I said in my HEAD I was coming back to play with it!." I told her that didn't count because no one here can read minds.
And finally...here are a couple of pictures of Meirah sleeping in the bath tub. She was taking a bath one night when I realized I hadn't heard any noise out of her for a few minutes and went in to check on her. There she was, sound asleep. Must have been a long hard day not sharing her toys and getting her sister in trouble.


No comments: