First Days

Now that I am somewhat recovered from 10 days if illness I can bring this blog up to date. Eliana started the 2nd grade and Meirah started K-1..AKA "big girl" school.
Eliana was ready for the first day..full of excitement and missing three teeth!
She was glad to be back with her friends, excited to meet her new teacher, with just a little nervousness thrown in. Overall, she was ready and raring to go.
Meirah, on the other hand, was not so sure about this whole school thing. Granted she was happy to put on the new clothes we bought...
and excited to put on her new backpack filled with all of the school supplies we picked out.
But at the end of the first day, when I picked them both up at Eliana's school, I asked them both how their day was. Eliana said, "It was great!" and when it was Meirah's turn to answer she burst into tears and said, " I want my blankie!!".However, in true Meirah fashion, once she learned the routine and has gotten to know her teacher and classmates she is starting to warm up to the idea of big girl school.

No comments: