Ellie, what do you like about Kindergarten?

"I like to play with Greta and play kitty cat." "I like to go to gym class and I like the guy who is in charge of it." "I like hot lunch." "I like to learn to count to zero." Ellie is loving school so far. In fact on the third day as I was walking her in she quickly found her friend Sammy, grabbed her hand and walked down to the Library and over her shoulder she told me I go could go now. On the the third day! She loves her tech class and her gym class and eating in the cafeteria. She will mainly eat cold lunch but when she does eat hot lunch she has to enter in a four digit number and she learned that in no time flat. I emailed her teacher to ask her how the first week went and she reported her progress below. Mrs. Olson's email regarding how Ellie's first week went: Hi Jody,Eliana has seemed to really like school so far. She has definitely made a couple of friends which is so great to see. We are working on following directions as she does like to go off and do her own thing, which can be separate from what the group is doing. We will continue to work on this and I will keep you posted to how she does in the future. Otherwise, she has really seemed to be adjusting to our rules and routines and I have been happy with the progress thus far. Enjoy the rest of your weekend and let me know if you have any other questions or concerns! Angela Olson Kindergarten Teacher Northern Elementary Of course she's doing well socially but that following directions thing has always been her downfall. She wants to do what she wants when she wants...but it's only the first week and we are keeping it positive and encouraging her to keep on doing a great job!! Link to Mrs. Olson's kindergarten web page: http://bemidji.k12.mn.us/~amohn/

No comments: