http://www.tvstands.com/Tech-Craft-SWBL48-TC0208.html
(can't wait!!)
We go to Animal Land every summer and the kids love it. They sell little bags of fruits and veggies to feed the various animal and we walk around checking out the tiger, lions, camels and goats (there are more animals, it's small, just not that small).
Andrew was practicing to become a baby deer whisperer but they were not buying it.
We had another haircutting incident, this one was minor though and did not cause a trip to the beauty salon. After Ellie's incident I hid the infamous red safety scissors but Ellie some how found them!! They were making projects and so I let them use them for awhile. I should have known not to let my guard down because before I knew it Meirah had disappeared. I found her in her bedroom cutting the hair off of her Barbie. I was momentarily relieved but I later discovered that she DID cut her hair. Amazingly and miraculously it's not that noticeable. It's in the front and so when her hair is down you don't see it and when her hair is up it actually looks cute, like a long sweeping bang. Those safety scissors went in the trash. Next time I won't be so lucky.


We continue to have those summer storms breeze through. This one was a quickie but it dumped a lot of rain at one time so the girls took advantage of the big puddles to splash around in!!
The garden is out of control!!! There is tassels on the corn, pee pods daily, lots of lettuce and baby tomatoes and we have already eaten all of the radishes and kohlrabi!!
Today was a perfect summer day. We made a quick trip to the grocery store (after we had cinnamon rolls at McDonalds) then we came home and canoed from the Country Club to the swimming beach at the State Park. It was a little scary at times because the wind was really blowing and the canoe was tippy but we made it and we spent the afternoon relaxing at the beach. We didn't canoe back though....Andrew went and got the Rendezvous to bring us back. The wind didn't quiet down. We didn't mind though because it kept us cool all day even though it was 80 degrees. After we got home we just relaxed some more out side. Some playing, some reading and we roasted hot dogs over a fire for supper (no cooking!!). Afterwards, when the girls were sleeping, Andrew and I had apple fire pies..yum. A great way to end a great day!!
Our trusty canoe!
Ellie was checking out the little fish by the dock.
Just playing with my camera
We spotted a butterfly!
Meirah wanted a closer look at the waves.
Water Lily (camera playing)
Lily pads (more camera playing)
AHHH...fire pies!






















No comments:
Post a Comment